- TRI and MEI Collaborate on Calorimeter Science
- MEI awarded NIH/NCI contract for "Unified Platform for Managing Objective Behavioral Data"
- MEI awarded NIH grant for "Systems Engineering Design of Room Respiration Calorimeters"
- MEI awarded USDA grant for "Free-living Energy Balance Assessment and Management"
- Devicix Transfers Energy Balance Technologies to MEI Research
MEI Research, Ltd
MEI Research is an applied engineering research firm located in St Louis Park, MN. MEI creates technologies and services to support research and clinical applications in energy balance measurement and interventions. We design, build and renovate whole-body respiration calorimeters for laboratory based measurements. For free-living assessments we create software, sensors and algorithms around mobile smartphones to measure energy expenditure and dietary intake, along with related social / environment context, in close to real time. We also provide data management and technical support services.